The Basin Wide Foundation Board of Directors is seeking a qualified individual to work 16-20 hours per week at a rate of $16 hour, to perform administrative duties associated with all aspects of running the Basin Wide Foundation, a non-profit 501(c)3 organization in the execution of its mission. Day to day duties will include scheduling and attending various meetings and events. Typically, this staff member will work Monday through Thursday from 9:00 am until 1:00 pm, with schedule adjustments related to events. The position reports to the President of the Board of Directors or a designee. This is a part-time, at-will, non-benefited position.
1. Provide professional administrative support to the Board of Directors; maintain accurate records; prepare agendas, meeting minutes, resolutions, forms, new releases, flyers, reports and correspondence and other administrative tasks as directed.
2. Communicate professionally with the Board of Directors, affiliated organizations, other agencies and the public.
3. Hold office hours as directed; greet and assist visitors, respond to electronic and phone inquiries, provide professional customer service with information, referrals and assistance as required.
4. Interface with the Accountant for bookkeeping and accurate financial records; prepare timely payment of accounts payable, accounts receivable billing, and reports.
5. Manage social media including the website, Constant Contact, and Facebook for preparing newsletters and event invitations.
6. Attend, staff and help organize events including monthly luncheons, annual dinner, and other special events as directed.
7. Make recommendations to the board regarding current or proposed Foundation activities.
8. Interact and maintain positive relations with the Basin Wide volunteers.
9. Perform other duties as assigned in a professional and courteous manner.
Experience, Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
1. Desire to learn and grow in the non-profit sector.
2. Excellent administrative skills including telephone, office machines, filing, office management, etc.
3. Proficiency with computer programs such as Microsoft Office, One Drive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and e-mail programs.
4. Understand the basics of bookkeeping and accounting; some experience with QuickBooks or other accounting software is preferred.
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Comfortable speaking in public settings.
6. Ability to take direction, interpret and prioritize assignments and workload, and to meet deadlines.
7. Experience working with agency and organization representatives in a professional environment.
8. Experience rendering excellent customer service in a professional office environment.
To apply, please submit resume with cover letter to:
Board of Directors
Basin Wide Foundation
56711 Twentynine Palms Hwy
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Please submit before February 28th, however, this job posting will remain open until filled.
We are a nonprofit organization focused on helping make the Morongo Basin a better place to live. With the help of our staff, members, sponsors and volunteers, we bring community leaders together and provide a place for community service to grow and thrive. Learn more about our Affiliate Programs.
Partner with individuals, non-profits and local government to IMPROVE LIFE AND ECONOMIC VITALITY IN THE MORONGO BASIN.
Basin Wide Foundation relies on funding from annual membership dues to continue our good work. Projects like the California Welcome Center, Brehm Youth Sports Park, Sky's the Limit, Morongo Basin Haven, Dreams 4 Kids and more would not be possible without our members who believe in us and help with annual membership contributions.
Whether you help through monetary donations, volunteering your time, or spreading our mission through word-of-mouth, thank you. We couldn't accomplish our goals without the help of supporters like you.
Your generous gift will help us fund our mission to help those in need. Together, we can make a difference.